Friday, July 13, 2012

Under the Bathroom Sink!

My Dad was kind of a "jack of all trades," but his favorite hobby was woodwork.  I have so many memories of him in his workshop doing what he loved and being in such awe of his passion for it. (I can still smell the fresh cut wood.)  One of the pieces of furniture in my guest room that I am doing a makeover on is a wooden nightstand/end table that he made.  I knew I wasn't going to get rid of it, but the natural wood finish does not go with my "makeover".  So,  I decided to paint it and can't wait to see it back in it's place.
Nightstand
After I sanded it
Nightstand
Not quite the finished product...but getting there!

Of course while waiting for the paint to dry, I thought it would be a great time to clean up my bathroom drawer and under my sink cabinet.  I already had the containers for my drawer, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, & Beyond, so that drawer was pretty organized already.  It just needed it's "monthly" sprucing up.  The containers under my sink also came from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I put items in sections by "mani/pedi", contacts, soaps and lotions, and hair products & accessories.  I used a "Command" hook to hang my hair dryer on on the inside door, which works out perfectly.

Bathroom Sink

Bathroom Sink
Under my Bathroom Sink (BEFORE)

Bathroom Sink
Under my Bathroom Sink (AFTER)

Bathroom Sink


And here's a look inside the container drawers:

Bathroom Sink
Hair Products
Bathroom Sink
Mani/Pedi Products

My Dad  would often tell me "if you do what you love, it really isn't work".  He couldn't have been more right.

Would love to hear what some of you do that you are passionate about!  Post your comments here:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWW, SO AWESOME AND SO TRUE ABOUT DAD. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE FINISHED PRODUCT.