Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Annie Sloan Lamp Makeover

Last week I shared my experience with giving my dresser a makeover. I got some replies from readers about their furniture makeovers, and thought I would share one regarding this new paint I've heard a lot about.
My daughter picked up this lamp at a garage sale.
Annie Sloan Lamp
She's been talking a lot about Annie Sloan chalk paint, and wanting to experiment with it, and thought this would be the perfect item to try it on.
Annie Sloan Lamp
The paint is amazing! It's a chalk base paint, and can literally go on anything - wood, brass, floors, etc.
Annie Sloan Lamp

After applying two coats of paint (which took about 20-30 minutes per coat to dry), she applied a layer of the Annie Sloan clear wax. She said that applying the wax is necessary because the chalk-base paint leaves the finish feeling a little rough without the wax.



Annie Sloan Lamp
After one coat of the wax, she sanded the lamp to get some texture, and then immediately applied another coat of the wax.
Annie Sloan Lamp
I think the final product looks great, but here's another shot of the before and after:

Annie Sloan Lamp

Annie Sloan Lamp
Has anyone else experimented with this paint? Would love to hear about it!

Happy Organizing! 

No comments: