Friday, May 3, 2013

Kitchen Makeover Challenge Reveal

Okay friends!  It's here - Reveal Day!

How busy was your April?  Mine was crazy busy tackling some areas from scratch and others that just needed some tweeking.  So, let's get started!

Kitchen

kitchen



Kitchen



kitchen


Several years ago I transferred all of my spices into these small jars that I found at Bed Bath & Beyond.  I write the expiration dates on a round sticker and place on the bottom of the jars to ensure freshness.


In a previous post here you may remember I added Fridge Coasters to my refrigerator which I am totally in love with.


kitchen

I spilled red hummingbird food the other day and really put the coaster to the test.  It passed with flying colors!  No clean up and no sign of a spill!


kitchen

This cabinet used to make me crazy.  I removed several items that I don't use very often and then added  a couple of cabinet shelf organizers for easier access to heavy glassware.



After our kids all moved out, I noticed that the pantry door wasn't swinging open and shut quiet as often, so I decided that since it was just the hubby and me using it, I could make it nice and pretty with baskets and chalkboard labels.

kitchen


I liked the look, but I noticed that I was getting a huge overflow on the bottom and stuff in the baskets was lost and forgotten!! Surely I didn't need to stop buying....

So, I removed most of the baskets and added some Clear Better Homes & Gardens containers from Wal-Mart.  Between the clear containers and my new labels, it should be easier to see what I've got!

kitchen


I also added some bamboo lazy susans to make bottle and canned items more visible as well.  I was surprised that the bamboo ones were the same price as the plastic ones.  They were also purchased at Wal-Mart.

kitchen





The pantry door is probably my most favorite part of the entire kitchen makeover!  Silly, I know...sometimes it's just the little things!

kitchen
Here's the Before & After


pantry
Ahhhh....
I will be doing a post on my pantry soon and fill you in on all the little details that brought it together!


kitchen

So, that kind of sums up my kitchen makeover.  Now it's time to hear all about yours!  Please email me your pics  (before and afters) or just afters if you like.  I want to share your amazing work too!

Oh, I almost forgot,

May's Challenge:

HOME OFFICE SPACE

More to come on that too!

Have a great weekend,

Kim







Post a Comment