Friday, August 24, 2012

Family Time


I know it's been a few days since I've blogged, but I have taken a vacation to the beach with my amazing husband and didn't plan to blog until I got back.   However, in the quiet of this morning it hit me that I needed to blog today.  Not about organizing a pantry, or a closet, or an office, but simply, life.


When I was a young girl my mother and father instilled in me how important order was in our home and life.  He was military, need I say more.  However, he had a loving way, along with Mom, of teaching us order.  Yes, our beds had to be made every morning, and yes we had our dish night and so on and so on.  But more importantly, we had things like, Game Night and Sunday mass together (all 9 of us).  They made sure we spent time together, as a family.  We have so many memories that my family still finds endearing today.   It wasn't until I was much older and on my own that I came to really appreciate those values.


Beach

I have gone through a few ups and downs in my life, but I always tried to keep things in my life in order.  I kinda look at life this way:  if I  took a pie and cut it into slices and then gave a slice to each part of my life that was important to me, what and/or who would get each slice and how big,  or small,  would each slice be?  What order would I give out the slices?  Would it always stay the same, or would the order and/or size change?



Sometime I give bigger slices to things then I should.  Sometimes people and/or things want to take bigger pieces than they deserve and even sometimes they want the whole pie.  I have to constantly remind myself that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing! 

So, what does your pie look like today? Who or what gets the bigger pieces?

No comments: