Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall Home Tour

Grab a cup of coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread and join me as I take you through part of my Fall-filled home.






Many holiday traditions are made in this dining room.  I usually pull in another table and chairs so that we can all dine together in the same room.  One of my many traditions is party crackers.  They are usually filled with paper crowns and small trinkets that entice lots of smiles and laughter.


The glittered leaf napkin rings were a gift from my daughters.  They add just the right amount of sparkle to the table.



I filled my white pedestal bowl with faux gords and pomegranates that I purchased from Hobby Lobby several years ago.


 Placing a fall floral stem on my DIY burlap wreath added color I was looking for to pull the table together.  The little red cardinals on the small pumpkin won my heart and had to come home with me.




Last year I decided to let go of my decorations that I had for the fireplace mantel and I opted to go simple this year!  


Mrs. Squirrel is all dressed up and waiting patiently for some yummy fall acorns to drop at the harvest. 






This year I found a Gathering Squirrel Scented Wax Warmer along with some fall scented wax melts like "Crisp Fall Leaves" and "Warm Baking Spices" (from Wal Mart) to fill the room with fall scents.  Isn't it funny how a certain aroma can remind you of holidays spent with family and friends?




Thanks so much for taking my Fall Home Tour with me.  I hope you enjoyed it and maybe got a jolt of inspiration to decorate your home.


Kim

linking up to Katherine's Corner




4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such beautiful style! I have my heart set on some velvet pumpkins this year! Yours are gorgeous! Happy Fall!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the compliment! I found mine in Florida last year while visiting a sister. The Holiday Cottage issue that is currently on shelves has an entire article on the woman that originally created them. Her shop is called "Plush Pumpkin " online shop. She has acorns and other items too! Aren't they beautiful,

Kelly said...

Everything looks great! Can't wait to decorate my house for fall!!

Diary of a Debutante said...

Love everything about this... all of your little fall touches make such a dramatic impact. Come decorate my house please!!! :) Stopping by from the Thursday's Favorite Things hop, and I'd love for you to drop by my blog if you get the chance. Have a fabulous weekend!

xo,
Stephanie
Diary of a Debutante
www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com