Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Pinterest Project

If any of you follow O is for Organize on Pinterest  Follow Me on Pinterest  you probably know I LOVE PINNING!  There are so many great ideas, looks, recipes, etc.  One of my favorite categories is DIY projects, so you can imagine how excited I was when one of my sisters told me we were going to do a DIY Pinterest project this past weekend while I was visiting her.

Denise (my sister) was so excited to share the project she found with me, she even went to the store and had everything at the house already waiting for me when I arrived.  The project she chose was making Burlap Wreaths!  Oooohhh yea!  Couldn't wait to get started!

So, here's what we did: 



Backup.....I should probably start with items used, I guess since I didn't have to get my supplies myself, I almost forgot to share with you.



Pinterest Project


You can click here for exact materials and directions.  I will share some of our experiences that we found, while making our wreaths.

We measured the 4" strips with a 12" ruler and marked 3 strips to cut at a time.  Then we cut our 4" squares.  Denise bought extra fabric, which was a good thing because we found that the burlap moves and it's not a perfect cut.

Pinterest Project

Pinterest Project

 

Pinterest Project




Being the two blondes that we are, it took us a few tries before we figured out the directions on folding the squares to form the bubble.  In the Pinterest directions, it says to fold the square into a triangle (easy enough) and then take the right hand corner (pinch one layer of the fabric on the very tip) and bring it to the front and line up the corners, repeating the same thing on the left hand corner.  Sounded easy enough!  When we did what we thought was right, it didn't look like hers. It wasn't until Denise accidentally figured it out that we realized what we were doing wrong.  When the instructions say, "pinch one layer of the fabric on the very tip", it means exactly that!  We were pinching a piece of the top layer and folding it over.  Once we figured it out, the process moved very quickly.






Pinterest Project

Pinterest Project

Pinterest Project

Pinterest Project

After a couple of hours, the wreaths were done.

While we were busy making our wreaths, the crockpot was busy making one of my favorites, which Denise was so sweet to make for me, French Onion Soup!  Yum yum yum!

Pinterest Project



Once I arrived back home on Sunday, I couldn't wait to find the perfect spot for my new wreath!  I attached a Valentine decoration and placed it in my keeping room and have been enjoying it everyday since.
Pinterest Project


I’m looking forward to using my wreath throughout the year by simply attaching different decorations.  Oh the ideas are limitless!

Have you tried any new projects lately? If so, we would love to hear about them!   



No comments: