Thursday, January 31, 2013

January's Organizing Challenge: Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Hard to believe that we are already at the end of the first month of 2013!!  Hopefully, it was as great of an organizing month for you as it was for me.

With the close of January comes the first reveal in our monthly challenge series...Kitchen Drawers!

Thanks to everyone who participated and emailed us pictures.  I love seeing the transformation.

Here are some pictures from one of my readers:
Drawer #1:

Kitchen Drawer Reveal



Kitchen Drawer Reveal

My Thoughts: I love how she removed unnecessary items and incorporated a new container for the serving utensils in her silverware drawer.

Drawer #2:
Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Kitchen Drawer Reveal

My Thoughts: You can see how much easier it will be for this drawer to stay organized.

Drawer #3:
Kitchen Drawer Reveal



Kitchen Drawer Reveal


My Thoughts: By adding a container here, she can easily access her utensils. She ordered a knife storage unit that you can see here that will keep her knives as beautiful as she has them here.
Drawer #4:

Kitchen Drawer Reveal


Kitchen Drawer Reveal

My Thoughts: This drawer appears to have the biggest decluttering! She really maximized the space available in this drawer!I love the placement of her measuring utensils!

Thank you so much for sharing your transformation with us.  It’s exciting to know that we are working together organizing one project challenge at a time!

After putting my tip “When was the last time I used this?” to task, I was able to weed out several items and give my own drawers a less cluttered look!

Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Kitchen Drawer Reveal


Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Kitchen Drawer Reveal



Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Kitchen Drawer Reveal


Kitchen Drawer Reveal

Kitchen Drawer Reveal


I knew I wanted to change the contact paper.  It’s such a cheap way to give your drawers a new fresh look!  I had already purchased plenty of paper when I did an “Under the Sink” makeover, which you can see here.

It’s not too late to send in your pictures.  I would love to share them with your fellow “O is for Organize” readers.


And now it’s time for me to announce....
February’s Organizing Challenge:

 Laundry Rooms/Closets

Be sure and tune in tomorrow for ideas on organizing your laundry room.  I will also share pictures of some of my favorite makeovers!!!

 Happy Organizing!

No comments: