It’s February 1st and time to start our new challenge! We probably spend a lot more time in the laundry room than we care to think about so why not make it beautifully organized? To some of you, that may mean just a good sprucing up while for others you may want to make some BIG improvements. Let’s make the laundry room a happy place to be in and who knows, maybe get some laundry done in the process.
Here are some things to help you get moving…
- Take pictures before you get started.
- Find a good spot where you can take everything to and then empty out the entire room except the washer and dryer.
- Purge any trash and donate all of that “stuff” that ends up in the laundry room and you have no idea why you kept.
- Now it’s time to give the room a good cleaning. Mop the floors; wipe down the walls, behind the washer and dryer, on top of cabinets. This is a good time to wash the washer and open up the dryer to remove lint that you don’t normally get to from the lint vent. Check on your manufacturer’s website for instructions.
- Grunt work done; now it’s time for fun! ORGANIZE!! Put the items that are going back into the laundry room in groupings or categories and decide what kind of storage makes the most sense for you. Have fun with it!
- Finally, DECORATE! Think outside of the box. This is where you really can make it your happy place!
Look on pinterest for some great ideas on laundry rooms. Here are a few of my favorites!
Don’t forget to take after pictures when you are finished and email them to OISFORORGANIZE@GMAIL.COM.