Monday, March 25, 2013

Cuffs Aren't Just for Clothes Anymore

Have you ever purchased an iron that has that little compartment where the cord “magically” disappears into it with one quick pull?


If you answered “yes” to the above question, then chances are you have that same iron that after a short period of time looks more like this:



I have to admit that I am the proud owner of one of those irons too!  It seems like no matter how gentle, how careful, how methodical I approach that cord, I can never get it back in his lovely little home.

I finally decided to “give in” to the little sucker, and came up with a different solution for storing the cord.

Let me introduce you to my new best friend:


The clamp is adjustable so you can fit it to your specific needs.  To remove the clamp, you simply pull back on the button and it releases itself!  I can't even tell you how much I love these little suckers!

Of course, once I found it, I started looking around the house/garage to see where else I could possibly use more!  And, since they come in various sizes, the options are unlimited!



I found this brand at Lowe's!  Same concept just a little different style.






I wonder if I could use some fun Duck Tape print to pretty this one up?


If you decide to head over to your local Home Depot or Lowe’s, you may want to write these brands down and go to Customer Service before engaging in a scavenger hunt to find them!  My shopping experience at both stores was more like the proverbial "needle in the haystack" search!





Ahhh....so much better!

p.s. I should mention that I am in no way receiving any compensation from Home Depot or Lowe's or anyone else (for that matter)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea to reduce clutter! You start looking for more places to use these clamps!! Great idea!!!