Friday, March 15, 2013

March Challenge Update

We are at the half-way mark for our March Garage Makeover Challenge! How is everyone doing? Are you, like me, doing a total overhaul, or maybe you only need some tidying up?  Then again, you might have fallen in the category of “lucky ones”.  If so, I hope you are using this time to give your vehicle a good cleaning!

I have been working on a project or two to get our garage overhauled! If you read my post for the last couple of days, you know about my Paint Project. This past Monday in Organizational Tips I shared a trip to Home Depot for a tracking system for the garage wall.

Since I was distracted by the BH&G's Spring issue of Storage magazine, I thought today, I would talk about what we actually went there for.

After searching the store on our own and not really finding what we had in mind for hanging items on the wall, an enthusiastic, sweet saleslady apparently could see the look of “I can’t find what I’m looking for” on our faces and asked us if she could help us find something.

She willingly walked us over to this Rubbermaid Garage Organization System.




Exactly what we had in mind!





Unfortunately, the inventory was looking pretty scarce.

But this saleslady was not going to let that stop us! She jumped on one of those electronic lift things and rode to the top of the aisle and found what we needed.





Here’s a pic of my husband watching and waiting…


I'm pretty sure he was thinking  that he wanted to hop on that lift himself





I will share in a later post all the pieces and parts we left the store with and how I determined what our needs would be to get everything that we wanted up on the wall.  I can say that if you too are looking for a system to hang things in your garage, based on the research that I've done, this looks to be a very sturdy and user-friendly system.  It is a little pricey depending on what your needs are, so try not to be sticker shocked when you see the prices!!

If you have a pleasant experience with a salesperson, handyman, or maybe it’s a family member, take a few extra seconds and let them know how much you appreciate their help. I’m pretty sure it will put a smile on their face!
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy St. Patty’s Day!


Kim

No comments: