Monday, March 18, 2013

Organizing Work Outfits


On a recent visit to help my daughter, Kelly with some organizing issues, something occurred that made me realize I needed to write about it on my blog.  But first, let me say that I cleared it with her (sort of) before I started typing.

There are many things I admire about her. Typically, she has a lot of patience, stays calm, cool and collected and overall is a pretty tidy individual.   However, determining work outfits is definitely not one of her finer attributes.  We had a really nice visit and I was just about ready to head home on Monday morning when she was getting ready for work and that’s when things got a little dicey!

When I spoke above about many things I admire about Kelly, I should have also mentioned that she is a very stylish dresser.  She likes to look nice for work (nothing wrong with that), but when she’s “not feeling it” well…that’s when her closet transforms into a tornado aftermath!  I watched her as she changed outfits one after another, after another, and another.  And with each outfit change, a little less patience, a little less calm, cool and collected, and definitely a little lot less tidy!!

This is where I would normally insert pics of a BEFORE shot but I knew better!  You will just have to use your imagination.

The bigger issues that I discovered from this dilemma that she seems to have, as she says, “just about every workday morning” are, and I quote:

  1. It makes me late for work.
  2. I worry about the traffic and getting in an accident because I am rushing now.
  3. If I don't think I'm dressed appropriately/professionally, I end up having an overall bad day at work.
So….as I sat there that morning (calmly) I remembered something that I had seen on pinterest and on the internet..CLOSET ROD DIVIDERS!

source


Of course, there are many to choose from like these for children and babies:

Source

source
But for adults/teens, I could only find blank ones from The Container Store.  Nonetheless, I have ordered them.  I’m sure she will get creative with what she wants them to look like.  I just want to see them put to good use and maybe help keep the streets of New Orleans a little safer in the morning!!

With just a little preparation time on a Sunday evening, the outfits can be predetermined for the work week with maybe a few minor adjustments for weather conditions.  This will also save time on the back end for aftermath clean up!

I’m pretty sure, her hubby might even thank me for this one!

Does anyone else have a similar situation with a certain family member or maybe even themself?  You may want to consider this small investment!

Happy Organizing!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for ordering these mom! I'm eager to try them out... I'll keep everyone posted!

Unknown said...

You're welcome, Kelly! I ordered a set for your sister as well!