Friday, March 8, 2013

Springtime Around the Table

It may not feel like Spring is just around the corner outside, but it doesn’t mean we can’t bring it inside. I love decorating my house for Spring and thought I’d share my tablescape with you and maybe it would send a bit of sunshine your way!

Decor


It doesn’t really have anything to do with being organized but sometimes, we just need to take a break and decorate, right?
Decor


I splurged a couple of years ago and purchase these Vietri blue plates and wanted to incorporate them into the table setting. (Kind of a mental thing I guess – the more I use them, the more I feel okay about my splurge!) The smaller bunny plates I found at TJ Maxx two years ago and I loved the pink butterfly about to rest on Mr. Bunny’s nose!

I’m really enjoying different textures these days, as you can see in my centerpiece. The burlap in the center bowl was recycled again from my WASH project and I added some plastic eggs that pull the blues together with the plates.
Decor
The candlestick holders are a handmade gift from my father many years ago and I always love when I can use them on the table.
Decor

And, of course, the table would not be complete without a couple of friends to remind us of the season.
Decor

Decor

Now I just need to spread some more sunshine throughout the rest of the house and on the back porch!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Kim